jigsaw fanzine rejects the consumerist mode of music writing that is so prevalent today:
1. everyone wants what's new, why?
2. record reviews are almost always written BEFORE a record comes out, why?
3. why are there only show previews and very few show reviews in the music press?
4. i dig fanzines in blog form because they are free, accessible and instantly available as a means of communication. i don't like that the general way people seem to use them is to imitate the establishment music press.
5. now that music blogs are so influential, the establishment music press have blogs that mimic the independents.
6. people are paid to market music to bloggers. are bloggers paid to 'break' bands? what does this economy look like?
7. jigsaw fanzine is interested in documenting, discussing and disseminating information about the underground. we make up our own rules.
4 weeks ago