underground since'89

send vinyl, tapes and zines for review to:

tobi vail P.O. Box 2572 Olympia, WA 98507 USA

email mp3's, links, photos and flyers to:

jigsawunderground@gmail.com

Monday, February 2, 2009

More from M.I.A.


More from M.I.A. here

"I can't justify getting nominated for an Oscar or a Grammy, that to me wouldn't mean anything if I don't actually get to speak about this," she said. "It's not like I'm trying to sell records, I'm trying to stop the death of 350,000 people this month."

M.I.A., who is of Tamil descent, added that she was almost branded a terrorist for making a documentary in Sri Lanka.

"I tried to make a documentary and I got banned because you're not allowed to make documentaries about anything unless it's pro-government. I would've gone to jail for being a terrorist for making a film," she said.

No comments: