underground since'89

send vinyl, tapes and zines for review to:

tobi vail P.O. Box 2572 Olympia, WA 98507 USA

email mp3's, links, photos and flyers to:

jigsawunderground@gmail.com

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best of 2011 by Steve Dore

Here are my highlights of the year, in no particular order.
 
Kayaking into Buzzard's Bay and "discovering" and hanging around my own tiny island. Sadly I had no flag on me at the time.
 
Philip Guston: Collected Writings, Lectures, Conversations book: The inspired curmudgeon speaks....a lot.
 
The Wallace Collection
 
Alvarius B. Baroque Primitiva LP- This also gets my vote for best record cover of the year.
 
Eric Copeland "U.F.O.'s Over Vampire City"- Heard this on the radio when I was chopping onions. Top tune!
 
Mike Kelley's Exploded Fortress of Solitude exhibition at Gagosian Gallery
 
The Age of Absurdity by Mike Foley. Wise and funny, what more do you want?
 
Seeing my old friend Kevin Noonan in Brooklyn after not seeing each other for 13 years was the highlight of my year.

No comments: